Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Martha Stewart

This is something I wanted to talk about a while back but probably was preoccupied. Martha Stewart -- don't particularly like her -- but I think she got shafted. Let's cut to the chase. She got five months in prison. I personally don't feel that justice has been served. Throw her in jail for five months and what do you get. I'm not sure. But would all this have been more constructive if ..... Martha was to give classes to underprivileged females --- maybe pregnant teenagers -- maybe battered housewives. She would better serve our communities as a role model. I do not equate her to a ken lay, et al. I believe that if she were able to work along side underprivileged females teaching them the entrepreneureal ways she has bloomed under we all would be better served. Do the numbers. She takes ten kids under her wings for 30 days. She does this five times. I believe that out of fifty kids she's going to effect at least 10. If she only effects one it's worth the effort. I think Martha is going to come out of this a better person but I think she could have come out a better person with many better persons behind her. And that's what I think.

No comments: