Sunday, November 14, 2004

THE GOPHER GAME

It seems to me that the take over of Fallujah is the beginning of what would similarly happen in one of those 'whack the gopher' games, where you take a mallot and face a table with say six holes in it and the gopher takes turns popping up in different holes and when you whack him he pops up in a different hole. In my opinion, we need to take over Fallujah and keep it secure. I mean, I think the reason we did this is to take away a safe haven for terrorists. OK, now to get to my point. There has been an increase in attacks in Baghdad and Mosul and we didn't capture any high level guys. That leads me to believe that the insurgents left to fight in Fallujah were new recruits that were willing to 'die for Allah'. We need to be able to secure each town that these insurgents decide to call home. I guess the question is . . . Do we have enough troops to capture each of these towns and leave it secure? Because, if we don't, it'll play out just like that game with the gopher.

No comments: